Re: [Shop-talk] Engien paint recommendations

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net, Karl Vacek <KVacek@Ameritech.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Engien paint recommendations
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 09:50:53 -0700 (PDT)
I used Hirsh Ford Green and Dupli-Color black, both in spray, and I was happy
with both.

Do NOT use primer on cast iron parts!  And do not use the
Dupli-Color primer on anything!.  I used the primer on a bead-blasted oil pan,
and I found that it was softer than the paint, and allow the paint to chip off
easily.  I ended up re-blasting the pan to remove all my new paint, and
redoing it without the primer.  The paint worked just fine without the primer.
Doug