[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [Shop-talk] Speaker signal out to RCA input

To: "'Shop Talk'" <>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Speaker signal out to RCA input
From: "Randall" <>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 09:21:14 -0700
>  or somehow convert the speaker wire 
> signal coming from the receiver to an RCA signal I can send 
> to the TV using one of the available RCA inputs.  

I've not had that exact problem, Pat, but I've done similar things in the
past and it's worked out well.  It turns out that "line level" inputs take
about the same voltage as speakers do, just much higher impedance.  Unless
precise fidelity is a concern (and FM radio isn't what I would call a high
fidelity source), you can just connect the speaker outputs to the line-in
RCA jacks directly (electrically speaking) and adjust the volume and tone
controls on your receiver for good sound.

How to effect the connection depends somewhat on what your receiver speaker
connections look like.  If they are designed to accept bare wires, then I
would suggest just picking up some RCA cables at the local electronics store
(or Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.) and cutting one end to expose the wires.
You may need to do some experimentation to figure out which terminals on the
receiver are ground (which need to go to the shield in the RCA cable), but
usually they are marked in some way (black or "-", etc.).

Support Team.Net

Shop-talk mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>