[Shop-talk] Sweat joint leak

To: Shop Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Sweat joint leak
From: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 21:23:17 -0500
    I have a pin hole drip in one of the solder joints in my half inch
hot water line.  I shut off the hot water, opened some valves and
drained the line out through a spigot I have in the garage.  I thought
Id be able to heat the joint enough to get the solder to flow, but I
can't get the joint hot enough, even with oxy-acetylene.  Any
suggestions On how I can repair this?  It's a very tiny leak, I just
happed to be looking up and saw the drop hanging on the joint.  Thanks
for any help.  John Mitchell