Re: [Shop-talk] Welding a cracked fan Blade

To: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Welding a cracked fan Blade
From: James F Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 11:35:12 -0500
It's supposed to, but I gave some doubts.  NDI was my specialty when I
was in the Air Force many years ago.  I don't recall ever magnafluxing
something that thin.  It was usually castings and much heavier pieces.
I don't know if a sub-surface crack in a steel .060 to .100 inches thick
would set up a pole that would attract the material.  Or if there would
be any sub-surface irregularity that will show up that would predict
failure.

I solved my doubts with an electric fan.

--

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
james_f_juhas.vcf]