[Shop-talk] Crawl space (was: under the deck)

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Crawl space (was: under the deck)
From: "Mark Miller" <markmiller@threeboysfarm.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 19:57:24 -0800
From: "Jack Brooks" jibjib@att.net

 . . .I have a 6 foot high crawl space that is concreted over half of the
basement area.  Why they didn't go up another 2 feet and give us a real
basement I'll never know.  We're on the top of the east hill, with nothing
but gravel, sand and glacial till under the house.

The sand has never been damp, but everything (not in a plastic bag) stored
under the house will feel damp in the depth of winter.

Sounds like time to break out the shovel and end up with a basement!