Re: [Shop-talk] Compressor repair

To: Triumph Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Compressor repair
From: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 00:05:07 -0800
I got some time to go take a look at my problem.  When it failed 2 days
ago I check that I had power at the outlet and that the reset switch on
the motor was not tripped.  Since my compressor is only 30 gallon I
disconnected it from the piping and pull it out to work on the unit.  I
plugged it in before I started working on it and it started right up. I
look around a bit and found the source of the problem.  I am short on
outlets in my garage, so sometimes I have to un-plug one thing and plug
in another.  When my compressor had stopped it turns out that I had
unplugged the compressor, but I had plugged in my bench grinder!
Twice!  What dopey mistake.

Bill