Re: [Shop-talk] Garage attic sealing

To: john niolon <jniolon@bham.rr.com>, shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Garage attic sealing
From: Badger Mountain Motorworks <badgermt@cableone.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2008 13:38:12 -0700
   If  it's  only  a  winter  problem, and you're not going to be needing
   immediate  and  repeated  access,  why  not  just  cut a piece of high
   density  2"  urethane  to  fill the void?  It would be light enough to
   move  out  of  the way when you needed to enter the attic and it would
   provide far better insulation than a conventional door/hatch cover.
   john niolon wrote:

could you make a cover for the opening (in the attic space) that could be
hinged where you could open it like a door as you climbed the stairs... and
close it as you leave... ??  instead or sliding or rolling it out of the
way..

john