[Shop-talk] adhesive for lead wheel balancing weights

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] adhesive for lead wheel balancing weights
From: "old dirtbeard" <dirtbeard@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 17:43:07 -0700
Hi guys,

I know this is going to make me sound like the cheapest man on the face of the
earth, but it actually is driven more by trying to be green (keeping
unnecessary lead out of the landfills, etc.).

I use the small 1/4 ounce adhesive lead weights for balancing my motorcycle
tires. I change and balance my own tires and I ride enough that I wear out two
or three tires each year. Usually it takes two or three weights each time to
balance the tires. Over the years I now have enough used weights to make an
anchor and would like to start re-using them.

What I need to find, though, is the double-sided adhesive tape that they come
with when new. Does anybody know of a supplier of something similar? Thank you
in advance.

best,

shook
'72 BSA B50SS