Re: [Shop-talk] Wood stove insert installation tool

To: cornerexit <cornerexit@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Wood stove insert installation tool
From: Pat <Pat@HorneSystemsTx.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 08:45:56 -0500
Wayne,

No matter what tool/jig you come up with, I recommend that you be able
to see what you are doing. If you don't have a small camera for your
computer, buy one, as well as some lighting that can be put in the fire
box, or on top of the stove so you can see what you are doing and how
the alignment of the flue to the collar is going. I've wrenched many a
job while only being able to feel my way, including deciding what size
socket or wrench I need, without being able to see the fastener, but now
I use a cheap fixed focus camera that I use quite a bit to see how
things are, like a leaky water pump on a full-size van where you can
hardly see anything under the hood. My camera is very stained from shop
use and resides in the top of my tool box where I can get to it fast.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake cornerexit:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001