[Shop-talk] electrical question

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] electrical question
From: "Matt" <mbarre@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 15:44:52 GMT
I am wiring a bathroom for my shop and am installing a tankless water heater
that uses 55A.  I already have a 60 amp type QP breaker and a buddy suggested
that I may want to consider a GFCI breaker.  It really hadn't occurred to me
but since it is basically pumping heat right into the water, maybe a GFI or
even an AFI would be the way to go.  BIg cost difference, but safety is
important.  Would there be a failure mode that a FI breaker would be better
than a standard breaker?
I would appreciate your thoughts!
Matt in GA