Re: [Shop-talk] home plating kits

To: "'Shop Talk List'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] home plating kits
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 20:05:06 -0700
> Is 24 volts too much ?  I have a heavy-duty lift-truck-type
> battery charger that I'd love to put to this use.

Could be done, but you'll need to add to it; including filter capacitors and
some way to control the voltage.

> If I need a lower voltage, can I convert it somehow ?

Yeah, but unless you are planning on doing fairly large objects, it's
probably going to be simpler, and easier to just buy a more suitable power
supply.  Check out eBay, or your local hamfest.

But this would be one way to control the voltage :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190221999112

Randall