Re: [Shop-talk] a question on portable air tanks

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] a question on portable air tanks
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 00:52:41 -0600
The handiest thing I did with my air tank was to replace the tire chuck
on the hose with a female quick connect fitting.  So out at the track,
back when I used to do that sort of thing, I could plug in my air tools
and such.  Also I took a ball valve and put a male coupler on each side.
So I plug one side of the valve into the shop supply line, the other side
into the fitting on the air tank, turn on the valve and can fill the tank
without having to hold a tire chuck to it for seemingly endless minutes.

Of course, I've *never* unplugged one side or the other without
turning off the valve first!

mjb.