[Shop-talk] Cherry Piker Use

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] Cherry Piker Use
From: ROBERT LANE <robolane@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 11:17:55 -0700 (PDT)
I bought a 4 ft x 9 ft welding table that separates in the middle and only has
the 4 corner legs.  The table was located against a wall in a building with a
rough dirt floor.  The guy I purchased it from said it took 4 people to put it
in the building. They had tried to use a cherry picker but it wouldn't roll
over the rough floor.  I bolted cheap HF pneumatic tires to the outside of the
arm wheel locations .  For base I added the the same size tires to 2 pcs, of
square tubing with shims to make fit inside of the base tubing.
    When I went to pickup it up the guy couldn't believe that that setup would
work.  He started to break down the table.  I told him to just leave it
together, because I didn't want to reassemble when I got it moved.  It was a
little struggle but with a tilt bed trailer and a hand winch I hooked on the
picker and winch the whole thing on the trailer.
 The matter of necessity makes people do creative things.

CATCH YOU LATER,
ROBO