Re: [Shop-talk] DEADMAN solutions

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] DEADMAN solutions
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 19:25:41 -0500
I heard a neat idea the other day for an intruder alert, and I think
it might work here also.

That is keep the remote entry key fob to your car with you.  If you get
stuck, assuming you aren't unconcious, and that there is someone to hear
it, unlike Moose, press the panic button and set off you car alarm.

You could mention it to you neighbors, so if they here it going off, they
might come check on you.

For the intruder alert, they were saying keep you key fob by your bed at
night.  If you think there's an intruder, hit the panic button.

I knew a fellow in NJ that tied a string to a cow bell.  So when he was
under a car, he could pull the string if he needed help.  Also the little
canister air horns.  But all these have the same assumptions as above.

I like the auto dialer approach.  But hope your friend is home if they
get the call. :)

John

Va. Beach, Va
Phone:  (757) 495-8229