Re: [Shop-talk] Repair underground conduit

To: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Repair underground conduit
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 16:12:15 -0500
Yes indeed.  I guess I wasn't thinking that pulling the wires out is
such a big deal.  You can always fish them through.  That's how they
got in there in the first place, right?  Same job if you replace the
whole thing.  You can try attaching the end of the wires to a pull
line.  Pull them back to where the break is.  Then disconnect the
wires from the line and section in a new piece of conduit.  Reattach
the wires to the line.  Glue in the repair, preferably with the line
at the glue site rather than the wire.  Then pull the line back to
get the wires back where they belong.  Of course, this may not be
worth the hassle if you have a decent fish tape.  Just pull the wires
and fish them through when finished.  And of course I'm assuming that
for whatever reason the tree dude isn't going to fix it.