Re: [Shop-talk] Verizon FIOS

To: Kurt Oblinger <koblinger@verizon.net>, Shop-Talk List
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Verizon FIOS
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 06:52:34 -0800 (PST)
I am happy with it.
I need fast reliable internet access for my job, and
the cable modem service I had was sometimes glitchy.
So when Fios became available, I got it installed.  (I
keep the cable internet service active as a backup,
but I haven't needed to use it.)

More recently I found that I could get Fios TV in a
package for the same price as I was already paying for
just the phone and internet service.  (We also got a
HD TV over Christmas, so we had more motivation to
have something besides the antenna to connect it to.)

Fios has lots of HD channels included in the standard
packag.  We rarely watch any non-HD channels.  As far
as I am concerned, traditional analog SD television is
obsolete.  The Verizon 3-in-1 package is a good deal
if you want fast internet access as well as HD TV.

There are lots of web sites that discuss the
characteristics of Fios.  Start with dslreports.com
Doug