Re: [Shop-talk] Trickle Chargers

To: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>, 'Shop Talk'
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Trickle Chargers
From: Jim Stone <jandkstone99@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 10:04:33 -0600
This has been a really interesting discussion; my thanks to everyone who
responded.  Some of the advice is not relevant to my cousin's situation (but
useful for me), since this is a guy who calls an electrician to replace a bad
light switch.  It has to be very simple for him.  I also want to be sure I do
no harm.  It needs to be a fairly bullet-proof solution and the cars have to
be able to sit unattended for long periods of time.  While I doubt the HF
solar charger has enough juice to damage the batteries, I don't want to take
the chance with an unregulated power source.

>From all that I've heard here, Battery Minders - with the extra length
permanently mounted cables - sound like the best solution for him.  He is very
generous sharing the home, so I'll plan on bringing a couple of them with me
next time I visit.

Thanks again.

Jim