Re: [Shop-talk] Rivet Steel to Aluminum

To: Rush <jdrush@enter.net>,Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Rivet Steel to Aluminum
From: "Jim Juhas" <james.f.juhas@snet.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 10:05:00 -0500
Years ago when I was still in the Air Force (Corrosion Control) we found a
table of the galvanic differences between various materials.  I recall that the
difference between mild steel and aluminum was minimal whereas between mild
steel and stainless steel was significant.  Sort of turned our pre-conceived
notions inside out.  We would on occaision repair vehicles other than
airplanes, and since aluminum was readily available, it found its way in to a
lot of cars, trucks and snowmobiles.  I didn't stay in long enough to see any
long term results.