Re: [Shop-talk] Air-powered nibbler at Horrible Freight

To: "'Shop-Talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Air-powered nibbler at Horrible Freight
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 15:50:37 -0800
> Has anyone tried out one of these nibblers ?
> http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=46061
>
> Does it really use that much air ?  Or did the ad writer goof
> and quote the SCFM number ?

Just wanted to report : I picked up the nibbler and used it; worked great
for what I needed to do (which was to enlarge a 5" opening in an existing
flat-sided air duct to 8").  Didn't try to measure the air consumption, but
it must be a misprint; worked just fine with my little 110v 25 gal air
compressor.  Seemed to use even less air than my "4 cfm" die grinder, so I'd
guess maybe the number on HF's site was in SCFM.

Thanks again to everyone who responded.

Randall