Re: [Shop-talk] WOW,

To: "Doug Braun" <doug@dougbraun.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] WOW,
From: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 13:09:18 -0400
On 10/25/07, Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com> wrote:
> Some HF items are stone-age-quality junk, and some are
> reasonably well-made and very well-priced.  The trick
> is knowing which is which.

And, of course, they've got the wonderful problem that there's not any
quality control.  A few years ago, I bought three 4.5" angle grinders
at the same time.  They were on sale for some really cheap price ($10
I think.).  I was doing a big welding project, and it's handy to have
a cut off wheel in one, a grinding disk in another, and a flapwheel or
wire brush in another, so you don't have ever change them out.  One
lasted about three days, the second a bit longer, but the third is
still going strong.
--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com