[Shop-talk] Other source of garage heat: Waste Oil

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Other source of garage heat: Waste Oil
From: JAMES STONE <jandkstone99@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 21:37:16 -0500
All of this talk about heating, electric, gas and geothermal garage heat
reminds me to ask about a topic I have long been curious about: Waste Oil
Heaters.  Does anyone have any experience with them?  I don't need to heat the
garage around the clock, just for a few hours at a time.  I frequently have
several gallons of used oil sitting around between trips to the recycling
center and it would be nice to put it to good use.  Do they work?  Are they
environmentally ok?  How about homemade ones?  (see for example:
http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel_library/ethanol_motherearth/me4.html#mwoh)
Has anyone ever tried one of these?

Thanks.