Re: [Shop-talk] Shop security

To: "'Shop Talk List'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Shop security
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 08:16:49 -0700
> Sounds tempting, but it's well established law and legal
> precedent that
> a lethal "booby trap" makes its installer guilty of homocide.
>  EVEN IF
> it's INSIDE his home or business, and the victim B&E'ed to get in.

Right.  It's important to keep it sub-lethal.  Say about Taser level.

Electric fence chargers (at least the ones I'm familiar with) deliver a
single jolt of high voltage (several hundred volts) every few seconds.  Kind
of like a car ignition, it's not really AC or DC, just a pulse.  Not
intended to be lethal to anything (even a relatively small animal), just
intensely unpleasant.

Randall