Re: [Shop-talk] Fw: Harbor Freight & spare parts(was: MIG Welders

To: "FRED E THOMAS" <frede.thomas2@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Fw: Harbor Freight & spare parts(was: MIG Welders
From: "David Scheidt" <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 23:24:17 -0400
On 9/29/07, FRED E THOMAS <frede.thomas2@verizon.net> wrote:
> > Randall,
> >
> > This is exactly my point.  GM carries the parts because GM is a
> > manufacturer.
>
>============================================================================================================
> GM carries the parts because it is a =="Federal Law"== that the parts for
> new cars must still be available at least 10 years after date of  auto
> buildout."FT"

You want to give me a cite for that claim?  I'm aware of no such
requirement.  GM, and every other car maker, knows that there's money
to be made selling parts.

That's not the case for cheap tools, where the cost to diagnose a
problem, obtain the parts, and install them can easily exceed the cost
to replace the machine.
--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com