Re: [Shop-talk] I hate static

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] I hate static
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 10:02:29 -0700
> Any remedy for the static without using battery power?   It's
> a Sony with
> the antenna in the power cord and the case is sealed so I
> can't play with it.

It's very rare for consumer-grade appliances to be totally sealed,
frequently they just snap together.  But even if it is sealed, a Dremel and
a saw blade will fix that ...

If running on battery power makes the sound acceptable, one solution might
be to run a power cord just for the radio to an outlet that is farther away.
Even an RFI filter at the point the cord plugs into the outlet might solve
the problem.

But IMO a different radio is easier and better.  Sorry, no suggestions on
which model.  I used to have a Panasonic under-counter that worked quite
well and had a separate antenna, but that was a long time ago.

Randall