Re: [Shop-talk] Brass fittings (hopefully solved)

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Brass fittings (hopefully solved)
From: "Steve Hammatt, Mount Vernon WA USA" <gsteve@hammatt.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 14:15:09 -0700
Actually it's not an easy to find common fitting.  Especially
since I'm now back home and in the shop and
confirmed that my soft copper tubing size is 5/16"
(as confirmed by my clamp vice portion of my flaring tool).

None of the manufacturer's websites that
I've found so far make a 5/16" version; 1/4" and 3/8" yes, but
no 5/16".  They make SOME other fittings, including a
flare-to-flare swivel straight connection in 5/16", but not the
5/16" elbow.  Since I'm committed by my existing tubing AND even
more so by the 5/16" fitting on the carb seat fitting that I'm
attempting to utilize, then apparently I'll have to mickey-mouse
all sorts of adapters to accomplish my task of eliminating a large
loop in the gravity-feed fuel line or possibly rotate the Carter
BB-1 carb 180 degrees!

Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA