[Shop-talk] Vapor lock or flooding?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Vapor lock or flooding?
From: Leonard Berkowitz <drberkowitz@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 00:29:15 -0400
My 1950 Dodge has a flat head straight six with a one barrel Stromberg
carburator. If I turn off a hot engine for any where from 5 minutes to when
the engine is cooled way down restarting becomes an issue. If I restart
without waiting there is no problem.   In order to start I need to depress the
gas pedal to the floor (like on a flooded engine) and crank away.  I does
eventually restart.  As long as I don't stop the engine I have never had any
problem with it cutting out or otherwise. It has been suggested on other lists
that this is vapor lock by some and flooding by others.  What are the thoughts
of this list.

Len