[Shop-talk] crown molding

To: "shop-talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] crown molding
From: "john niolon" <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 20:33:01 -0500
here's a question for you wood working guys.  I'm thinking of putting crown
molding in a couple of rooms.  one is the living room 18'x12'
 with 8' ceilings.

Is there a proportional ratio between the ceiling height and the height of
the crown molding.

I see several sizes from 2.75 up to about 5" and then you can stack it for a
really wide molding.

I think with 8' ceilings you could overdo it on molding...

also this will be my first attempt at crown so hints and suggestions are
welcome.

what do you trim carpenters think

shop content...I will use my compound miter saw, finish nailer, air
compressor and probably lots of caulk :-)

thanks
John

Chinese Proverb
When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it,
you have a moral obligation to share it with others. Pay it forward