Re: [Shop-talk] GFCI tripping

To: Patton Dickson <57healey@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] GFCI tripping
From: Pat Horne <roadsters@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 16:09:02 -0500
Patton,

Most of the problems I have seen with mystery dimming or things just
shutting off is from the cheap switches and outlets that allow for
installation by just pushing the wires into the back of the devices.
After a few years the connections get intermittent. They were designed
so the electricians could do more installations in a given time. I've
seen some devices that don't even have screws on them. You have to use
the push in connections!

I though that the electrical code outlawed these devices, but they are
still on the market.

Any time I go into a box that has push in connections I always redo the
connections to use the screws instead. Makes things more reliable down
the road.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Patton Dickson:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001