RE: Follow Up: Re: how to remove rust from inside old gas tank

To: "'Shop-Talk List'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Follow Up: Re: how to remove rust from inside old gas tank
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 10:16:09 -0700
> If they are as good as they claim to be, I would
> expect them to be on the shelf in every Home Depot,

Problem is, "big box" stores like Home Depot tend to deal only with
suppliers where they can buy many different items and enough volume to get
significant discounts.  They just don't deal with small, "one product"
specialty vendors.

I suspect good ol' phosphoric acid works just as well or better.  And IMO
it's "environmental dangers" are way over-hyped ... it's even in Pepsi and
Coke !  Spill it on the lawn and the grass gets greener.

And even Muriatic acid isn't all that bad, if you're careful with it.
(Although I wouldn't care to drink it ... tastes nasty !)

Randall - sipping on a bottle of carbonic acid
(Tedious but unavoidable disclaimer follows)

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may
contain information proprietary to NavCom Technology, Inc., or one of its
affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to
third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the
intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail
to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic
mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying
of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.