OBD-II readers

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: OBD-II readers
From: "Jack Brooks" <jibjib@att.net>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 17:10:43 -0700
I'm finally ready to buy an OBD reader/resetting tool and my initial
research is overwhelming.  I'm interested in hearing about your experiences,
good and bad; please be specific with brand and model numbers.

Usage:    I'm looking to be able to read and clear codes.  I'd prefer to
read them in text, rather cryptic codes I need to refer to charts to
decipher but that might change when I see pricing.  Data logging, beyond
what is required to pick up irregular faults or a laptop interface is not
required.

My current usage will be on an 02 Subaru and an 05 Volvo.

Thanks in advance,

Jack