RE: Will dimmers kill compact fluorescent bulbs?

To: "Jack Brooks" <jibjib@att.net>
Subject: RE: Will dimmers kill compact fluorescent bulbs?
From: paul.mele@usermail.com
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 20:44:08 -0700 (MST)
short version of my favorite:

had new ring/ pinion and 4-gear spool to install in my V8-CORVAIR diff
(talking 1972...)
took it to the Machine Shop, since I didn't know the details/ dial
indicator/ back lash/ etc.

picked it up...all f*d up...
we took it apart together...found that he had left in place the old thrust
washers behind the spider gears
instructions: "don't use the old thrust washers...the new spool is
machined such that they are not required"

I saw the sign up on the wall in the Machine Shop....dusty and dirty....

"WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS....READ THE DIRECTIONS"