RE: removing god-awful deodorizer smell?

To: "Wally Menke" <walmenke@bigpond.net.au>, "Tiger List"
Subject: RE: removing god-awful deodorizer smell?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 05:29:24 -0800
> I don't know if you watch Mythbusters, but they proved that certian smells
> can not be removed from a vehicle.  (they used a rotting pig.)

I'd call that a bit more than "a smell", though.  The summary I found on-line
said "Two months later the car was full of condensation, 'raining' in the car,
and the seats, doorpanels, and carpets were dirty and disintegrating."  IOW, the
car's interior was rotting.

The ionizer trick sounds worth trying to me.

I've had some success by setting out a dish of Clorox bleach for a few days (or
weeks) with the car closed up; and then let it air out thoroughly.

Randall