Re: garage door opener questions

To: dmscheidt@gmail.com, nase@ptd.net
Subject: Re: garage door opener questions
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 11:07:15 EST
I've had similar behavior with mine that turned out to be from an acculation
of small winged insects in the photoeye in the housing.  The slotted wheel
would disturb their final resting place and break the beam there indicating a
jam
condition to the electronics.  Apparently they were attracted by the
lightbulb below.  Steve
> I had the same problem a month ago with my Liftmaster.  If you have the elec
> eyes hooked up check to see if they are operating.  I had a broken bell wire
> on mine and one side was inoperative causing the door to reverse as though
> the beam was tripped.

I'd tested the eyes, the leds were lit, and one of them blinked out
when the beam is broken.  Tha'ts the same behavior as the identical
opener on the other door, so it's probably working properly.  This
morning, the door works normally.  Bah.  I hate machines.

Now, clearly there's something wrong with this opener.  Is it worth
trying to figure out what it is, and fixing it now, or should I plan
on replacing it the next time it breaks?

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com