Auto Parts Stores

To: shop-talk@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Auto Parts Stores
From: "Steve Budde" <super_racenut@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 01:32:49 GMT
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only person that hates telling the
moron behind the counter how many doors my car has to look up a light
bulb.  I have found a solution to that.  Small town independent part
stores.  I spend the summers in a town of 4800 people and when I can't
find it at a national chain, or I don't want to spend the time dealing
with idiots, I know I can bring what ever it is I'm looking for and put
it on the counter and say I need one of these...

They usually walk into the back, and return with the part, or an offer
to order it.

Has anybody else tested the counter idiot by asking for a water pump
for a '72 VW bug, and watched while they keep hitting keys trying to
find it???  Can be entertaining if you have the time.

Steve