Re: Waste Oil Containers...alternate plan #17

To: "Mark Andy" <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Subject: Re: Waste Oil Containers...alternate plan #17
From: paul.mele@usermail.com
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 13:36:48 -0700 (MST)
My low tech solution to oil, A/F, PS fluid, brake fluid, trans, diff, ATF
and what-have-you, is mostly 1 and 5 gal red plastic gas cans (as
mentioned by others), and a few clear plastic jugs from Gatorade or some
other fruit punch that felt sturdy and had a nice top....I made labels
with a 1 inch strip of paper and 2 inch wide clear box-sealing tape (for
shipping cardboard parcels) , and a 4 in cable tie to make a fairly
liquid-proof "tag"...tied around each handle.  I also wrote with Permanent
Marker...but seems it's not as permanent as I'd like it.

so far, nothing has eaten through any container (about 5 years now).

All this crap stays out in the garden-tool shed on a shelf above the
rototiller...
We have a versatile recycle center ...I take the full bottle of whatever
when making a trip for some other reason (paper, magazine, CD cellophane
(very toxic), whatever).  The recycle guys will empty while-u-wait and
return the containers for us here...