Re: Waste Oil Container

To: Mark <mark@nashvilletn.org>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Waste Oil Container
From: Ron Horwitz <ronglue@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 07:28:21 -0800 (PST)
--- Mark <mark@nashvilletn.org> wrote:

> jug.  I see these 5
> gallon plastic paint pails with lids at Home Depot
> and Lowe's and wonder if
> anybody uses them to collect used oil for recycling?

I use a plastic five gallon pail, and have been using
the same one for at least three years.  Plastic lid
with a pour spout.  I just set the lid on top (I store
it in a location where it won't get spilled), and then
lock it on for transport.  I solved the slow/burpy
pour by drilling a hole in the plastic lid and using a
cork stopper for transport.  With the stopper removed,
it'll dump 5 gallons in a matter of seconds.

Ron