Re: Maintenance

To: "Elton E. (Tony) Clark" <eltonclark@gmail.com>, Randall
Subject: Re: Maintenance
From: Bill Engle Sr <whesr@iglou.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 16:38:35 -0500
I never owned one that blew, but I was at a shop one day some 30 yrs
ago when one did blow. No one was in the building at the time,
thankfully.  It made a mess of everything in the path of the
pieces.  I was never so glad to be on the other side of a concrete
wall in my life.  If anyone had been in the building at the
time.................

Bill

At 10:58 AM 12/27/2006, Elton E. (Tony) Clark wrote:

>Related subject: I have a wonderful old upright DeVilbliss compressor that
>I've owned for 20 years and I bought it from a busy shop which had purchased
>it new . . . . IN 1947!!!  This unit has been in continuous use, with normal
>maintenance, for nearly 60 years!  The motor and compressor are
>original, the pressure control valve and regulator are fairly new.  I'm
>happy with everything about it but I do worry a bit about the tank.  I drain
>it regularly but I gotta think it's been rusting a bit for 60 years.  I've
>never heard of a catastrophic  failure of a compessure tank but I guess 125
>psi could do some damage if the weld seam failed.  Anyone ever hear of an
>old tank blowing up?
>Tony

William H. Engle, Sr., CHBC, EA

Medical-Dental Business Consultants, LLC
1930 Bishop Lane, Suite 404
Louisville, KY 40218-1925
502-459-5255
All mail scanned by Symantec Antivirus

As required by United States IRS Circular 230, you should be aware
that this communication is not intended or written by the sender to
be used, and it cannot be used, by you or any other taxpayer for the
purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed on the recipient
under United States federal tax laws or for the purpose of promoting,
marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter
addressed herein.

email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosures, copying, distribution or any action taken