Re: small, inexpensive, good tablesaw

To: Mark Andy <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Subject: Re: small, inexpensive, good tablesaw
From: Pat Horne <roadsters@hornesystemstx.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 09:21:30 -0600
Mark,

Ripping 2x material with this type of guide will not be easy, or maybe
not possible. For that you might want to look into getting a fence that
is made to fit your saw. For cutting tis type of material you won't be
able to beat a table saw.

The guides I suggested are mainly intended for cutting sheet goods. The
guides are basically a long, sturdy straight edge. Some have optional
pieces that attach to your saw/router., etc to hold it to the guide.
Check out http://www.hartvilletool.com. Enter item number 53760 and look
at that setup. This is a short, 55" guide that has an extension
available that looks like it would be much stronger than the two piece
guides you find in the big box stores. I have not used this one, but it
looks quite stout.

There are other guides that are 105" long or so for cutting sheet goods
that are one piece in the same ball park for price. I'll look through my
catalogs as soon as I can to find a source for them.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Mark Andy:

> Howdy,
<snip>

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001