Re: removing stain from glass?

To: scott.hall@comcast.net, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: removing stain from glass?
From: eric@megageek.com
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 13:02:33 -0500
OK, I don't know exactly how the glass is stained (if it's in the glass or
on the glass.)

But I scuba dive and often find really cool old bottles.  Many of them
have a "stain" on them from being buried for a long time.  I have not
found ANYTHING to take that off.  When I talk to people that collect
bottles, it seems that there aren't many ways that work for all the stains
out there.

One thing I tried and would NOT recommend, steam.   I tried to steam a
bottle once and ended up blowing it apart!  OPPS.

Good luck, and if you find out an answer, please post it here, I've got
lots of bottles to clean!

Inch
http://www.megageek.com

"Did you exchange, a walk-on part in the war,
         for a lead role in a cage?"  R Waters.