Good way to attach wood to steel tube

To: "shop-talk list" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Good way to attach wood to steel tube
From: "Martin Sukey" <trmarty@glwb.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 15:15:00 -0500
I have a quantity of 1 x 3 x 24 steel tube left over from a project. I
was kicking around the idea of using it for roofing rafters to make a 3
sided shed addition to the back of a barn to store tractors and such in. The
part that has me stumped is figuring out a way to attach the wood roof
decking to the steel rafters. The only way I could come up with is using
self tapping screws but the thought of drilling a large quantity of holes in
the steel to run the screws in has me less than excited. Anybody have any
ideas?

Thanks,

Marty