Re: Staining a deck

To: Shop-Talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Staining a deck
From: Peter Murray <pete@partnercomm.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 10:10:45 -0400
I used Sykkens Cetol DEK Finish in June to protect the new 12'X16' IPE
deck we built (to replace the old/decrepit pressure-treated 9'X16'). It
looks absolutely excellent after a summer of rain and sun. I didn't go
for a color, per se, as the #78 (Natural) I selected simply brought out
the existing color of the IPE.

I had considered going with Trex (the Brasilia series) until I found
that the IPE was less expensive.

Reviews I found online liked it, though technically it isn't a "stain".
Make sure it has UV stabilizers - that may help with the yellow/browning
of the stain...

Perhaps you need a bigger awning? :)

-Peter

--