Re: Installing a shower floor

To: Martin Sukey <trmarty@glwb.net>,
Subject: Re: Installing a shower floor
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 18:47:31 -0700 (PDT)
The purpose of the cement is to make the floor solid
and rigid when you are stepping on it.  So you want
to minimize the amount of air gap between the cement
and the floor.

That's the theory, but I have never installed one
myself.
If the gap between the subfloor and the shower floor
is more than an inch or so, you probably want to put
woen one layer of cement, let it dry, and then put a
second layer, pressing the shower floor into it
before it hardens.

Doug Braun