RE: AC/DC Adapters

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: AC/DC Adapters
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 08:39:13 -0700
> We left our baby monitor charger at the vacation house, and of course the
> battery is out of charge now.  So I searched the house and my bin of old
> parts, and found one adapter for a cordless phone cradle that might work.
> It's 9V output, 210mA.  The baby monitor female plug just says "9V" on it. AND
> the adapter plug fits perfectly.  The monitor battery states 2.4V 700mAh.  So
> will this work?

One other thing to check is the polarity of the plug.  Most things have
tip/center positive, but not all do (most notably Sony equipment).

If the polarity matches, then I'd say you've got a good chance it will work.
Still, it's probably best to keep an eye on it while connected, and disconnect
it if something starts to get hot.

Randall