Re: Gas line installation

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gas line installation
From: John Miller <jem@milleredp.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 21:55:06 -0800
> One other step that at least the inspectors here in Austin, Texas
> require is that the black pipe that is outside be painted wither black
> or gray. It keeps the pipe from rusting as fast.

The inspector here wants all exposed plastic pipe painted with a paint
specifically labeled as 'UV Resistant'.

In case anyone runs into this: Krylon Contractor Door and Shutter.  One
of their plastic-specific formulations.  Gigantic inspector-friendly 'UV
Resistant' lettering on the cap.

The bad news: *no one* local had even heard of it.  Found one
Sherwin-Williams store with a guy willing to look it up, figured he
could order me a 6-can case (given that Sherwin-Williams owns Krylon,
one would hope...) but then never bothered to call me back.

The good news: utilitysafeguard.com.  Still had to order a case, but it
was here in a couple days, no fuss, no muss.

John.