Re: Electrical question

To: Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Electrical question
From: Marc <smarc@smarc.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 15:11:05 -0500
I spoke with an electrician, here's what I found out: Have to run #2 SER
(4 conductors), and tie the ground and neutral together in the main
panel, then in the sub panel the ground and neutral  gets separated.
Remove the bonding strip that ties them both to the can.

Marc

Marc wrote:
> I'm gathering materials to install a subpanel in my garage. Have 200 amp
> service, don't electric heat, or any really large loads. Nothing bigger
> than a electric clothes dryer or electric oven. Planning  on 100 amp
> breaker in main panel, via 70 feet of 100 amp alum service entrance
> cable to a 100 amp main lug sub panel in the garage.
>

> Anyway, my question is about grounding - how do I need to ground the sub
> panel? Do I install a grounding rod for the sub panel, or run copper
> ground back to the main panel? possibly both?

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-pkcs7-signature which
had a name of smime.p7s]