Re: Battery-backup sump pumps

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Battery-backup sump pumps
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@dimebank.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 09:10:33 -0800 (PST)
This is pretty timely, since the first big soaking rainstorm has
hit Northern California. We have a 'toy' sump pump (suitable for
our toy basement) - it's basically a submersible pool pump cover
in a minimal sump I chiseled out of the slab.

It sure looks like pretty much the same pump body that these systems
are using. A different controller - ours just runs every 10 minutes
until it reaches no-load speed. We unplug it in summer. These
seem to have a float switch, which is better (but would require
me to enlarge the 'sump'!)

Ours has been quite reliable, but it runs on 110V. I might
have to look into a backup system like this... thanks for
the idea!