Re: Parking Lifts: Starting to get serious

To: Peter Schauss <schauss@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Parking Lifts: Starting to get serious
From: Trevor Boicey <trevor@boicey.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 23:32:01 -0500
Peter Schauss wrote:
> - The ramps were spaced closer together so that I thought that it would be
> easier to drive my Healey and MG onto them.

   I made some brackets for mine, it was a bit hairy to get the Midget
on there. The inside of the wheels ran along the inside of the ramps, so
the margin of error was about half a tire!

   If anybody needs a description, I can elaborate... but in a few
words, each one is a metal bar as long as the lift, with short vertical
sliders welded on the bottom going down near the front and the back.
(like the symbol for pi, except stretched 12 feet long and 1 foot high)

   These vertical pieces slide up and down inside brackets welded to the
platform. So when the platform is lowered, they bump the ground and
slide up to make rails to guide the wheels. When raised, gravity slides
them down out of the way.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, trevor@boicey.com