Re: Where to buy '79 Kubota tractor wheels?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Where to buy '79 Kubota tractor wheels?
From: "Mark Andy" <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 12:27:49 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

> On "semi-permanent loan" from my dad, I've got a '77 Kubota L185DT (I'll
> need to verify that... Its from memory).  Its got Ag tires/wheels on it,
> which are probably just the ticket for the snow plowing we use it for
> currently, but I was wondering about getting some turf tires/wheels for
> summer use.
>
> Anyone know where I could get such things without paying 8 million
> dollars?
>
> Given the age, I'm actually starting here first, hoping someone has a
> recommendation, but I'll also be checking with a local Kubota dealer.

Ok, the dealer didn't have any info at all.  In fact, they couldn't even
find an old parts listing for turf tires/wheels on an L185dt at all, let
alone having the parts be available now...  The guy seemed pretty cool and
also pretty annoyed that he couldn't help me out more, so I don't think
its a case of a clueless dealer vs. the info just not being readily
available...

So, anyone got some advice here?  Obviously I can measure the wheel on
there now to figure out the bolt pattern & offset I'd need, but I don't
know what I can do with that particularly...  I also don't know what the
rules of thumb are for AG tire vs. Turf tire sizes...  Presumably the turf
tire wheels need to be wider & smaller diameter?

Help!

Mark