RE: Ground Source Heat Pumps (Was Shop heater)

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Ground Source Heat Pumps (Was Shop heater)
From: "Mullen, Tim \(IIS\)" <Tim.Mullen@ngc.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 13:35:03 -0500
Randall

> Just for contrast, my natural gas furnace appears to
> be original to the house, making it over 40 years old.
> I've lubricated the bearings once in 15 years, and the
> previous owner may have replaced the thermocouple once.

To add one more...

I recently had to replace the furnace and air conditioner on my house.
Actually the furnace was still working, but the air conditioner died so
we replaced both as a package deal.

It was about 40 years old also.  The only thing done to it in all those
years was a new blower motor the previous year (and I had to find a
universal motor since it was not in the books anymore).

Furnaces will last a very long time.  Oh yea, I doubt that mine ever got
any more maintenance than the one time that I oiled the bearings.

Tim Mullen