Re: Parking Lifts

To: Shop-Talk Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Parking Lifts
From: Bill Rabel <brabel@dlux.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 10:28:45 -0800
Tony wrote:

> There is a discussion on the Elise list about Parking lifts.  Some
> mention
> was made of failures of companies lifts that are since out of
> business.
>
> I have a Parking Solutions Lift....bought about 1991.....Does
> anyone out
> there know what happened to that company?  And if there were any
> failures of
> their lifts?

The only failures seem to have been financial. The price and
availability of steel, coupled with  the competition of lifts built
'offshore' has pretty much killed the manufacturers that built
hobbyist (low-end) four-post lifts.

American Lifts seems to offer a great package deal every month or so
(aluminum ramps, wheel kit, drip trays) included in a sub-$1800.00
price. Shipping is not included.

Eagle Lifts offers both US-made and imported lifts, and I see that
Backyard Buddy is still advertising. Eagle usually offers special
prices or packages for car club members, although when I recently
called them they didn't quote any specials.

- Bill Rabel
   Anacortes, WA